A journey of a thousand miles begins with one….

REALLY LONG PLANE RIDE. Actually, two really long plane rides. It was about 14 hours to Seoul (with a future soccer star sitting right behind me!), a three hour layover, and another 7 hours to Ho Chi Minh City. On the flight from Seoul to Vietnam I sat next to a Vietnamese man in his twenties who was studying government at a University in Russia and was on his way home for the summer. He spoke with me candidly and asked all about my visit, saying "the program you are doing is really good. When I was a child I never thought I could have American teacher." That gave me a little shot of courage and confidence. The first day was spent jet lagged, trying to sleep, meeting some of the other volunteers, and did I mention the jet lag?


The street outside of our hostel in Ho Chi Minh City

Peace!
Laura

0 comments:

Post a Comment